Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2018

DIPHTHONGS AND SILENT LETTER


Hi, today I learned a new topic on Speaking Accurately.. my first topic is about diphthong. Do you what is diphthong?? Well I hope the information that I just share will be useful to u...

Diphthong is a combination of two adjacent vowel sounds within the same syllable. Technically, a diphthong is a vowel with two different target thats is, the tongue moving during the pronunciation of the vowel. In my dialects of english, the pharse no highway cowboys has five distinct diphthongs, one in every syllable.


And Silent Letter is a letter that, in a particular word, does not correspond to any sound in the word's pronunciation. Phonetic transcriptions that better depict pronunciation and which note changes due to grammar and proximity of other words require a symbol to show that letter is mute . Handwritten notes use a circle with a line through it and the sound is called  'zero' , it resembles the symbol for the empty set but must not be confused with the Danish and Norwegian letter. 



Now i will share about silent letter. This topic actually quite fun and interesting.. If u guys don't believe me...let's watch this video... have fun..don't forget to comment....




Ok, that all from me today to tell about this and dont worry to all my visitors to my blog I will update everyday. THANK YOU>>>>
\


1 comment: